2021 is coming to an end and what better way to refresh the new year is by rebranding up your Pinterest marketing strategy?
Pinterest is a wonderful way to get massive traffic to your website or your eCommerce store. Many people are missing out on this.
So below, I will share with you the latest Pinterest marketing strategy to use for 2022. Also, if you find this post helpful, feel free to share it on socials!
Set up and optimise your Pinterest account
Make sure you’re set up for “rich pins” as well as optimise your Pinterest profile (read below). This includes your business name, your high-quality profile logo, your SEO description on what your brand is all about and most importantly, your website link.
To optimise your Pinterest profile for SEO (search engine optimisation), try:
- Update your board titles (max 100 characters) with a keyword you want to rank for
- Update your board description (max 500 characters) with at least 1-2 keywords in it. Don’t keyword stuff but rather, make your description flow like a sentence.
You can find Pinterest keywords using the Pinterest search bar, Pinterest keywords in their ad section (it does not require you to pay! However, you WILL need to have a Pinterest business account if you haven’t done so) and Pinterest trends.
- The Pinterest Strategy Guide To Beat Algorithm (For Your Business)
- How to Use Pinterest for Beginners? (2022)
- How to Post your Blog Post on Pinterest (for Beginners)
What type of pins do you recommend?
If you have Tiktoks or Reels, upload them! Pinterest loves to see video pins. You can also turn your blog posts into a Tiktok/Reel for consistency.
Continue creating fresh pins. You can use Canva for free to create amazing pins or purchase my Pinterest templates. Pinterest has a feature where you can schedule your pins for the next two weeks. You can find lots of Pinterest templates to use such as my 100 Feminine Pinterest Templates (ver 2) (which can be created and scheduled for weeks or even months!)
Make use of the carousels “idea pins” by re-using your fresh image pins! You can bulk them together to create the idea pins.
Remove any low-quality pins from your account. This includes horizontal pins and blurry or pixelated pins. You can create high-quality pins through my Canva Pinterest templates.
Main Practices for Growing on Pinterest in 2022
Make sure to pin regularly! You can repin your FRESH pins 2-15 times a day to your own boards as well as to other group boards – but make sure you don’t repin the same pin.
Join new group boards. This will allow you to get more exposure on Pinterest as well as find your community to collab with.
Do competitive research – this includes finding a bigger and similar Pinterest account in your niche and seeing what is doing well (i.e is it their pin design? Is it because they are in a bunch of community boards?) so that you can do it for the coming years.
Make sure you’re following your niche (aka your brand aesthetics). This will allow Pinterest to show more of your account or pins to a certain demographic. This means not repinning pins that are irrelevant to your niche or target market. For example, if I was in a food niche, I wouldn’t be repinning a pin called “top 10 fashion outfits to wear out”.
The Best Pinterest Creative Practices for 2022
Make sure to follow Pinterest’s best guidelines and practices. When it comes to creating your pins, make sure to follow these rules:
- You really want pins that are vertical (as Pinterest recommends, a 2:3 aspect ratio in 1000 x 1500 pixels)
- A “brand-focused” image that showcases your product or service. Use similar colours and fonts that match what your brand is all about.
- Add a text overlay (if you want to showcase what the product/service is or if it’s a blog post)
- Make sure your link is working whether that be an active link or the loading speed.
For video pins, here are Pinterest’s latest best practices:
- Have a clear and strong CTA (click through action) at the beginning of your video pin. A CTA is a marketing strategy that hooks in the viewer.
- Pinterest recommends an organic video between 15 seconds-1 minute long. If you’re creating an ad pin, they recommend between 6-15 seconds.
- Use a text overlay or captions rather than audio
- During your upload creative section, you can pick a cover image to showcase your video pins. It is under the video called “video cover image”. Click and drag to select your cover image.
- Like all pins, make sure to SEO optimize your pins in the title, pin description, alt tags, and tags.
So those are all the Pinterest marketing strategies to use in 2022. Which one are you going to add to your list?
If you found this post helpful, feel free to share it on your socials as well as join my email list and grab your Pinterest template freebies!